Peppermint bark is a favorite holiday chocolate confection of many and can be found on grocery store shelves everywhere, through companies like Ghirardelli and Dove. Surprisingly enough, though, peppermint bark is super simple and fun to make on your own accord!
Generally, peppermint bark consists of white chocolate atop of dark chocolate, which is then covered with crushed peppermint candy pieces – hence, the name. Using only a few ingredients, it makes for a perfect, last-minute DIY gift or the ideal addition to your dessert season on Christmas Day. Check out this recipe from my favorite food blog, Tasty, below!
• 25 mini candy canes
• 4 cups chocolate chips
• ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
• 3 cups white chocolate chips
1. Place the mini candy canes in a zip-top bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into small chunks. Transfer to a medium bowl.
2. In a separate medium bowl, stir the peppermint extract into the melted chocolate chips. Pour onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and spread evenly with a spatula. Freeze for 5 minutes.
3. Take the pan out of the freezer and pour the melted white chocolate over the chocolate, spreading evenly with a spatula.
4. Sprinkle the crushed mini candy canes over the white chocolate.
5. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
6. Remove the bark from the freezer and break it into pieces. Enjoy!
Mix-up something scrumptious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Westmount at London Park Apartments in Houston, Texas, and put our updated, fully equipped kitchens to good use!