Going about your day in a white t-shirt can be stylish, but nevertheless, risky. Believe it or not, some people purposefully avoid wearing predominately white clothing to avoid spills. But, we’re here to tell you that even though removing stains from a white t-shirt may be tough, it is not mission impossible.
As long as you act quickly to address it, the staple white tee of your wardrobe will still be salvageable. However, you’ll have to treat the stain appropriately, depending on its contents. We have the breakdown on how to remove the most common stains below:
How to Remove Coffee, Tea, or Fruit Juice:
• Mix one tablespoon of white vinegar with one teaspoon of castile soap in a bowl and place the stained shirt in the solution for 30 minutes.
• Sprinkle baking soda or oxygen bleach on the stain and agitate.
• Wash in cold water and repeat process, if necessary.
How to Remove Red or Pink Wine:
• Dab the red wine stain with a damp, white cotton cloth to absorb any excess wine.
• Spray on a cleaning solution, consisting of ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide, 2 tablespoons of castile soap, and several drops of lemon essential oil. Gently agitate.
• If needed, sprinkle baking soda or more hydrogen peroxide on the stain. Spray with solution again and agitate once more. Let sit for 15 minutes, before rinsing with cold water.
How to Remove Dirt, Mud, or Grass:
• Spray on a cleaning solution, consisting of ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide, 2 tablespoons of castile soap, and several drops of lemon essential oil. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
• Tougher stains may need to soak overnight in warm water, mixed with one teaspoon of laundry detergent and ¼ cup of each: baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, and an oxygen booster.
• Wash in the washing machine, as normal, on the next day.
How to Remove Sweat Stains:
• Mix ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide, with two tablespoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of cleaning concentrate or castile soap, and ¼ cup of water.
• Apply the mixture to the stain and agitate, then let the shirt sit for two hours before washing it in a cold washing cycle.
• If the stain is still visible, repeat the process again, adding an extra scoop of oxygen boost to the solution detailed in step one and washing it in another cycle.
Expand your mind with new ideas! No matter the topic, Westmount at London Park Apartments in Houston, Texas is committed to informing you of the information that you want to know.